Negativity holds a power which is difficult to stop. It can engulf all the productiveness of any situation or individual. However, a single positivity with utmost vision and force has the strength to beat any negativity that may come or exist. This picture reflects the same. There was darkness, yet as soon as the lamp was lit, the entire surrounding got illuminated with brightness and positivity. It’s beautiful how much power a single positive statement or aspect can hold and to which extent it can empower and enlighten us.
Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive, understand, apply and regulate the blend of emotions which we observe in ourselves and in others.
In a workplace, the way we express ourselves and the way we feel and consider what is being said to us play a major role in our performance. Staying in equilibrium and sustaining healthy relationships help to make us more constructive in our work. However, imbalances in the way we handle our emotions or sentiments of others ruins our mental stability and reduces the productivity of our performance. We can have a check on ourselves by managing our emotions effectively.
The ways by which we can regulate our emotional intelligence include:
1. Identify your emotions: Recognize what you are feeling. Being congruent with the exact emotion helps to deal with it properly.
2. Think: Think about the reason or trigger for such emotions. It may includes situations or individuals or your own incomplete targets that provoked a particular sentiment.
3. Reducing Personalization: Being personal and jumping to conclusions about someone’s action is not healthy. Think of various different reasons for a particular happening and try to think of healthier ones more.
4. Express assertively: After paying attention to your emotions and feelings and keeping the prompt conclusions aside, express your emotions in a healthy and assertive manner.
5. Helping others: Helping in regulation of others’ emotions help to bring harmony in the workplace and in efficiency of the employees.
So, handling emotions at workplace can help us increase the quality of our performance and make us more happier and contented.